Submit Your Paper
Call for Papaer
Volume 6, Issue 1, June 2022
BELTA Journal, the flagship journal of Bangladesh English Language Teachers Association, is a platform for sharing ideas among English language teachers, trainers, researchers, policy makers, and practitioners in order to promote best practices at all levels in English language education in Bangladesh. It is an open access peer reviewed journal committed to publishing high quality papers in the broad field of English Language teaching and learning. The journal maintains an international focus while at the same time encourages articles on praxis of English education in Bangladesh. It accepts contributions of scholars and practitioners from home and abroad.
The Editorial team of BELTA Journal would like to invite papers for its 6th volume. We welcome papers and book reviews relevant to English language teaching and learning. The focuses of the journal are (but not limited to):
- Pragmatics and intercultural communication
- Phonology of English as a lingua franca
- Classroom interaction and discourse
- Approaches, methods and principles
- Instructed Second Language Acquisition
- Language Policy and Planning
- Multilingualism and Multiculturalism
- English as the Medium of Instruction (EMI)
- Testing, Assessment and Evaluation
- Theories of foreign language learning
- Language Teaching and Technology
- Teacher education
- Trends in syllabus, curriculum and materials
- Interdisciplinarity in ELT
- Literature and language teaching
- Language Teachers Associations (LTAs)
- Language across the curriculum
- ELT and development
- Indigenous and post-method pedagogies
- Blended learning
- ELT, advocacy and social responsibility
Guidelines for authors:
- Deadline for manuscript submission: March 15, 2022 (extended).
- Word limit: Not more than 5000 words (including abstract, the main article, references, appendices, acknowledgment, and author's biography).
- Book review in not more than 1000 words. The book must be published within the last five years from standard and approved publishing house.
- Times New Roman 12 point font size; 1.5 spaced; 1 inch margin on all sides on A4 sized paper.
- APA 7 style sheet should be followed.
- The author's bio and contact details should be on a separate page (first page), and the abstract and the article should start from the second page.
- Article title should be in 14 font size and in bold and the author's name should be in 12 font size and bold.
- Tables, charts, graphs should be numbered and clearly visible in black and white (Follow APA style).
- Follow Sage UK Style Guide for heading and sub-heading.
- If there is any acknowledgment or declaration, it should be mentioned before references. Appendices should be placed after references. Please avoid long appendices.
- Manuscripts submitted elsewhere must not be submitted here.
- Endnotes, instead of footnotes, should be used.
- Authors will be responsible for plagiarism. Plagiarized text from any sources might result in cancelling that author from submitting papers to this journal later on.
- Submission of papers: Send your paper to email@example.com or submit online: https://www.belta-bd.org/submitpaper
Special Request to authors for increasing citation:
- Authors are requested to get an ORCID profile (https://orcid.org/). They should mention their ORCID id beside their name while submitting the manuscript for review. Once the article is published, they should upload publication details in their ORCID profile.
- They are requested to open accounts in Academia (https://www.academia.edu/), ResearchGate (https://www.researchgate.net/) and GoogleScholar (https://scholar.google.com/) and upload their articles in those sites after the publication. While tagging the articles, please mention the name of the journal 'BELTA Journal'.
All submitted manuscripts undergo an initial screening by the Editorial Board. Manuscripts that pass initial screening are sent for peer review. The Editorial board considers the reports of peer reviewers and makes the final decision to accept or reject the manuscript for publication. Articles may be rejected at any stage of the review process.
Notes for authors
The journal is published as online and can be found on the official website of BELTA. The articles can be downloaded from https://www.belta-bd.org/. For additional information, please visit the BELTA website.